Tuesday, May 11, 2010

IT HAS BEEN AWHILE

Well, I know it has been a couple of weeks since I blogged. Let me rephrase that, it has been a couple of very long very tiring weeks since I last blogged. My just turned 7 year old son has been in the hospital. This in itself is not earth shattering news as he is generally in the hospital about twice a year. (My son has PIDD or Primary Imune Deficency Disorder or in other words a screwed up imune system so he catches anything and everything and generally quicker than most kids and it hits him harder than most kids). But usually his hospital stays are 2-5 days this time it was 2 weeks. He had one complication after another. Between the stress and the sodas (to keep me awake) my weight had jumped back up to 248 lbs as of Friday. This morning I was back down to 243 lbs. You would think a couple of weeks of not really eating would help you lose weight not gain, but because I refused to leave my son, even for a few minutes to run down to the cafeteria I subsited on what the nurses brought me out of pity. Chips, candy bars and sodas and the ocassional fast food meal. The first couple of days were not as bad, we were at the local hospital so I could grab something to eat when my husband, daddy came to visit or the grandparents. But when we were transfered to the Children's Hospital 2 1/2 hours away that was no longer a possibility. As much as it killed my husband to not be there with us, this is routine enough for our family that he has to stay home and keep working (medical insurance is necessary) and also to take care of our 9 year old. My 9 year old is my worrier and if he has to stay with grandma and grandpa for too long because his brother is in the hospital he really worries. If he can stay at home with dad he knows it is not too bad otherwise dad would be with us. My son is doing fine. He is back at school and just in time, his end of year field trip is later this week and he really did not want to miss that. Last year my son missed 100 days out of 180 days of school due to being sick. This year he has only missed 62. What an improvement. I am also very proud of him because even with missing this much school he is still the top of his class. He is in first grade and his reading level is 3rd - 4th grade his math is 3rd grade, his comprehension is 4th grade and his writing is 2nd - 3rd grade. So at least I don't have to worry on that end.

Well this didn't really have much to do with losing weight but ah well, I guess that is what blogging is for. Venting a little.

On another note we planted a garden this weekend and I can't wait for all those fresh veggies and salads.


More tomorrow ( I hope)

WLG

No comments: