Thursday, April 15, 2010

04/15/2010

Well, I bought myself a pedometer. More out of curiosity than anything. I am wondering, how many steps do I actually take in a day? And how much time do I just sit on my backside in front of the computer (which I know is quite a lot but my job requires me to be at my computer all day)? Just how many calories am I burning in a day?


Gotta love the modern world that allows us to clip something onto our waistbands that we barely notice is there that can give us at least a somewhat good idea of all this.


I am going to (hopefully, if I can remember) wear this thing for the rest of the week and record the daily totals. Then next week set a goal and see if I can't increase my steps and calories burned. See if I can meet that goal and keep upping it every week.


Happy Birthday to me on Sunday. My goal is that on my next birthday, when my husband asks me what I want to be able to tell him that I want him to go shopping with me and to have fun doing it. To be able to pick out clothes and try them on (and yes to buy a few) and to not be embarrassed. To be able to wear cute clothes and have them look cute. We can all have a wish and we should all have a goal. I don't know if I am better off leaving my goal like this or if I should be setting down a firm number by that date. But I don't want to set myself up for failure. Every time I decide to lose weight or (that dreaded four letter word) DIET, I can't seem to do it. I crave, I cave, I give up. I know it is going to take a long while to lose the weight but I don't want to get discouraged and give up like all the times before. So, even though I have a long term goal weight I am not going to put a date on it. I am going to stick with (for the present) some mini short term goals, like the one mentioned above. The challenge, for me,  is to change my way of thinking into short term goals instead of instant gratification on my long term goal.

Luck and love to all,

WLG

No comments: