Thursday, April 1, 2010

Obsession- Good or Bad?

Well, 1 week is gone and I am still weighing in at 241 lbs. Not much change there, but I have actually accomplished something. I have gone to the gym. I have thought about what I have eaten before I ate it, every time. Even if it was bad for me I did still think about it, which is a very important step. I have made the commitment. I have started this blog. I HAVE begun my journey.

I have also come to a conclusion. Everyone says that you should not be obsessive about your weight loss. I disagree. Look at the majority of people out there that have lost a lot of weight and kept it off. They were all obsessively compulsive about it at some point. I am not saying that you should remain obsessive about it. But to start with I think you almost have to be. You have to change that love of eating, that wanting to put something in your mouth, anything, into something else. You have to get yourself beyond that stage and the only way to do it is to become obsessive about something else. About going to the gym. About eating the RIGHT foods. About the pounds slowly coming off. You do need balance, it cannot be the only thing in your life, but let's face it - for many of us, no matter what we want to admit it IS one of the most important things in our lives. I LOVE my children, my husband, my parents. I enjoy my home and yes I even enjoy my work but there is not an hour that doesn't go by that some thought goes through my head that has something to do with my weight or my size. And I hate that. I hate that I think about it, that I don't do things or hold back from things because of it. I hate it I hate it I hate it. But you know what? I am the only one who can do something about it. I realise this. I wish there was and easy answer. I, like others, am impatient. I want immediate results and it is so easy to fall off the bandwagon when I don't get them. But you know what's different this time. This time if I fall off, instead of berating myself for it, I get up and get right back on it again.

Be obsessive. Just don't be obsessive forever.

Okay, enough of my soap box for now.

WLG

No comments: